Tuesday, January 15, 2008

K-Zo Restaurant Review

I so enjoyed K-Zo during my three visits that I pinched myself each time to make sure I wasn’t dreaming, or at least eating at a pricier, trendier establishment. The regular menu and specials offer a huge variety of traditional sushi along with “small bites” showcasing chef Keizo Ichiba’s Japanese and European training. Albacore, freshwater eel and salmon sushi were consistently excellent. The buttery yellowtail practically melted in my mouth. In the tapas department, the “spicy tuna crispy” is an inspired exercise in contrasts – a mound of spicy, chopped tuna balanced atop a brown rice cracker that sweetens as you chew it. The beet and goat cheese salad was delightful. Kid-friendly free-range chicken nuggets were perfectly paired with a lemony sauce. The restaurant boasts a formidable sake list and a handful of Japanese beers. The décor is sleek and modern, yet warm and inviting. K-Zo is definitely worth a try, or three.

No comments: