Monday, January 14, 2008

January 8-11

Very, very, very busy with Baby, so no time for showering, let alone blogging. Felt like June Cleaver, what with the constant laundering, errands, cleaning, feeding, playing. Of course, every moment was, a la the commercials, priceless. Perhaps all the strike-induced economic and emotional stress was worth it because I got to teach Baby how to eat pizza like a New Yorker at the Fox Hills Mall. We were in the play area and she was jumping around on these foam animals and cars they have there when ran over and looked up at me and batted her eyelashes and said, "Dada, I want pizza." My heart melted like so much mozzarella and I carried her to Sbarro in the food court immediately. Got her a slice for $3.45 (how'd that happen??) and sat down. Asked if I should break it up and she said, "No, I want a big piece." Then she grabbed the whole slice and naturally the tip drooped down and all the cheese nearly fell off into her lap. So I showed her how to fold it and after a few tries she got the hang of it and applauded herself every time she took a bite. Ate half the slice, which was pretty substantial for a tiny kid, and I polished off the rest, violating my diet. After lunch I realized I hadn't changed her diaper for three hours. Luckily the restroom had a changing table, sometimes they only have them in the women's room. Had to put on a whole new outfit due to pee pee saturation. Exciting stuff, huh? During the week we also discovered the wonderful world of Play Doh. I learned that I am incapable of making a decent frog out of the stuff, but quite adept at making a cup of coffee or noodle. In other news, I weighed in at 169.5 on January 11, up 4 pounds from December 24. The horror. The horror.

No comments: